Major Rewrite Incoming

About halfway through writing Part II of the blog, which as you know covers The Burning Crusade, I made a startling discovery about a key piece of information that I had completely forgotten. It was buried so deep, apparently, that the person it affected had also forgot about it. The event was that Blain had actually stepped down from leading raids at the start of TBC to pursue Arenas, alongside Haribo and Annihilation.

I called Blain on the phone that evening to go back over what we remembered to try to wrack our brains and figure out why we forgot it. Ultimately, we pieced everything back together and I feel like I have a really good feel on how the events unfolded. The problem is that the entire first half of Part II is skewed to hell as a result. I tried to handle this with a two-part flashback set of posts starting with our kill of Rage Winterchill, but it felt awkward and weird. I recall it confusing several readers at the time as well.

Since then, Iā€™ve found my groove of single posts that are split into three sections, each labeled with a sub-header and screenshot, and nailed what feels like the appropriate word count: 1400-1600ish, with perhaps a bit of play on posts that feature dialogue. Iā€™ve also finally decided on a consistent naming convention for the titles and the chapter numbers ā€“ all of which may seem boring and inconsequential to the reader, but will more than likely play an important role if/when I ever turn this entire thing into an eBook.

Iā€™ve been slowly going through the early part of the blog and re-writing/revising post-by-post, to adhere to this new system, and have now arrived at the major re-write. As a result, Iā€™ve pulled about 11 posts completely down, and am redoing them from scratch. I plan to push them all back out at once. Thereā€™s going to be a lot more detail this time around, so if you felt like I skimmed through TBC a bit too quickly, youā€™ll be in luck (and if not, wellā€¦youā€™ll probably see it as homework!)

Hereā€™s the current state of my progress ā€“ Iā€™ll keep this updated if you care to watch the topic (switch the state at the bottom of the discourse thread to ā€œWatchingā€) and youā€™ll be alerted for updates to the post.

NOTE: A few of them Iā€™ve not yet gone over with a fine-toothed comb, which is what I do before I post a new topic here for everyone to review. If you see ā€˜no topicā€™, you are free to read it, but please hold your edits and commentary until I start a new topic here on the boards so that you can contribute your edits and thoughts to it.

have their own topic, are already reviewed/being discussed

This will take us up to the end of Part II.

Youā€™re a dick.

I had all afternoon to play games and fuck around before a long boring weekend of random shit the wife is making me do, and now you post up 74 different posts that I canā€™t stop reading?

Yea, youā€™re a dick.

<3

1 Like

Thank you, @klocker. I promise that it wonā€™t be a waste of time.

I moved a post to an existing topic: Revised Post: Karazhan

I moved a post to an existing topic: Revised Post: My Second Mistake

I moved a post to a new topic: Revised Post: Logging in to Hell

I moved a post to a new topic: Revised Post: One Suggestion Too Many

I moved a post to a new topic: Revised Post: What Rolleth Downhill

I moved a post to a new topic: Revised Post: Razor Sharp

I moved a post to a new topic: Revised Post: Carrying the Load

Dalans is a bad.

Itā€™s ok, I can split each one of his responses into a new topic. All is well.

A) I have selective reading.

1. I was talking to him via Gchat last night and he didnā€™t seem to mind.

Thirdly) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uqg3SJw_5so#t=50m59s

2.4 and 2.5 have now been officially revised, completed with screenshots, and treated with their own topics for further edits/commentary. As indicated earlier, Iā€™ve split Dalansā€™ responses into each respective topic.

I only have three rewrites remaining, and have spent a good deal re-organizing and re-structuring part ii so that it feels much more like a cohesive story. As it stands, Iā€™m fairly comfortable with the next four posts (2.11 - 2.14) so Iā€™ve left them slip through for your early early perusal. No topics on these boards yet, so read and supply edits at your own risk. Iā€™ll split each one into its own topic as they get their real final pass of approval from me.

I moved a post to a new topic: Revised Post: Divergent Paths

I moved a post to a new topic: Revised Post: The Accidental Florist

I moved a post to a new topic: Revised Post: A Single Point of Failure

I moved a post to a new topic: Revised Post: Pulling the Pin

I moved 2 posts to an existing topic: Revised Post: The Accidental Florist