State of the Union: Aug 2011

Now that the officers and I are comfortable that the team is on board and ready to dive into 25m Heroics, without the gear excuse at their side, we our pushing our team-polishing direction toward the player him/herself, and more aggressively holding players accountable, not just for their play, but for their attitude and behaviors. I don’t like dealing in abstracts; I’m more of a concrete thinker, so if you are the same, here are some real example of things we’re going to be looking at, and taking very seriously moving forward:

we our pushing our team-polishing

…we are pushing…

here are some real example of things

examples

he expressed concerned about

concern

so that we could get onto the real work: 25m Heroics.

Since there is no physical movement it should be “on to”

Now that the officers and I are comfortable that the team is on board and ready to dive into 25m Heroics, without the gear excuse at their side,

I don’t pause here at the first comma, YMMV

We need both at the top of their game–and as much as we love people who love to be here–we cannot handicap progression by poor performers who remain poor performers.

Could be commas instead of em dashes as there’s already a lot here and this doesn’t really need the emphasis carried with em dashes.

In many cases you are at the whim of your ISP, but many, many little tweaks about your computer and network can be tweaked–and most players do not realize this.

I’m tweakin! “…but there are many settings on your computer and network that can be tweaked, and most players do not realize this.”

Your DCs handicap progression–so if you are DCing, take ownership!

Remove em dash and just run it through.

you only serve to alienate yourself–and that’s the start of team breakdown.

Remove em dash.

you have to prove it by your actions, what you do, and how you communicate with them.

Remove “what you do” as it is redundant.

very fast ways of losing respect from your fellow guild…and when that happens, the team has fractured–and you need to be benched, even if you are a star player.

Full stop after “fellow guild” then “When that happens, the team has fractured and you need to be benched, even if you are a star player.”

In summary, the officers and I are going to actively looking at these individual issues more aggressively into 25m Heroics, and as always, I am constantly recruiting and bringing new faces into the mix who are passionate about WoW and Raiding, and would love a shot at your spot.

Ow, mah head hurts. “In summary, the officers and I are going to be actively looking into these issues more aggressively during 25m Heroics. As always, I am constantly recruiting and bringing new faces itno the mix who are passionate about WoW and Raiding, and would love a shot at your spot.”

1 Like

It appears I needed you as a copy editor / proofreader back in day, as well as after the fact.

1 Like
1 Like