Practice Makes Purrfect

Respeccing was especially relevant now…now that Blain was pushing hard, minus the gear. We were working with new healers, like Charcassone the holy paladin, but at the same time, switching between mains and partially geared alts, doubling the amount of effort necessary to stay ahead of the game.

Ironic, considering Blizzard’s claim that distinct 10/25 locks in Wrath had us raiding until we were burning out. Instead of running one raid twice, in different sizes, we were now running a raid twice…on different characters.

We continued to for weeks without so much as a single ping for more information about the guild.

Remove the ‘to’

Beyond a full class swap, some players continued respec as needed

Add a ‘to’ between ‘continued’ and ‘respec’

Great post! And two weeks in a row!!! 2016 is starting off strong.

1 Like

Regardless, Fred rolled with the punches, flipping between shaman and paladin as needed. Which was good, because I suspected a trend.

I think the second is a fragment (what was good?) maybe change the period to a semicolon or change “Which” to “This”

Recruitment wasn’t look promising.

Should be “looking” but sounds better as “Recruitment did not seem promising.”

who’d be supplying

Change “be” to “been”

some players continued respec as needed

“respec’ing” if you wan to use the popular term or just “re-specializing”

Vexx and Physica were switching from heals to damage (or vice versa) as needed.

I’d change the “as needed” here to “regularly” just for redundancy’s sake.

but at the same time, switching between mains and partially geared alts, doubling the amount of effort necessary to stay ahead of the game.

For clarity I would add “players were” before “switching”

It was near we lost sight of the continuing carpeted path that we saw a lone Night Elf, barring our way.

“It was near where we lost sight…”

He was of a new class of druids, those whose traitorous intentions caused these deformities, twisting inescapably from the fire that unclothed them.

This is a great sentence but should it be “unclothed”? The traitorous intentions/deformities is added info and the “new class of druid” is “twisting inescapably from the fire” but from the description is he not “clothed in fire” rather than “unclothed”?

EKG meter through cardiac arrest.

Well the meter itself doesn’t have a cardiac arrest, maybe “EKG meter on a heart attack patient”, or I’m just picking nits.

drawing beams of fire out towards various players

Sounds better as “throwing” or “shooting” rather than “drawing”. Maybe “snaking” if its slower or more random?

The raid collapsed into the center the circular red carpet

“…into the center of the…”

1 Like

Enclothed. Once of those words Google default dictionary doesn’t seem to believe is a word. Fixed.

I struggled with the phrasing on that one. Added “through a patient’s” for clarity.

Rephrased to use “firing”. For the record, if anyone interested, it is fucking difficult to describe fire more than about three different ways. At least for me.

All other edits rolled up.