New Post: The Perfect Loot System

Sure thing, Champ.
You still haven’t answered how many guilds you’ve lead, eh?

@Omaric Using logic, or facts is frowned upon here. Blindly accept whatever is told to you, or risk someone throwing a temper tantrum and trying to temp ban you.

1 Like

If you guys use one more sarcastic buddy name I think I’m going to throw up. Again that is, after reading this crap. Hopefully it isn’t public.

Can I still use ‘Chief’?

BTW, it’s public.

Open to everyone. I even got reprimanded by Shawn because I accidentally spoilered a thing. Here’s hoping no one read that one.

NO SPOILERS!

Translation: Don’t talk about Fight Club, or anything that’s happened beyond the current week’s post. Otherwise, it’s fair game.

And (it should go without saying) try to keep the topic focused to the blog post that spawns the discussion. That’s why I moved these messages back to the this topic, and off of RUI, which is more about dealing with raiding with people that are drunk, on drugs, etc.

You guys know I used that trinket for both tanking and DPS’ing on Ikey to good effect right? I still don’t see why it is being painted in the light of being a silly decision.

The issue was less about greed/selfish bids (although at the time that is how I saw it because I got emotionally involved – it was a trinket I wanted as well) and more about: How do I properly handle players that choose to float back and forth across specs…that also happen to have 1st-round bidding rights?

The flaw of the system on that particular day was that you could have said anything:

• Guys, I just switched to DPS. DPS is my main spec now. That’s why I’m 1st-rounding it.
  • This trinket is excellent for Druid tanks, and I still tank here and there, so that’s why I’m 1st rounding it.
  • I can totally use this trinket for both DPS and Tanking, so I’m definitely going to 1st-round it.

At the time, the rules let you do any of these. Problem was, the perception of the other looters (especially pure DPS classes, or classes that refused to do anything else but DPS) was that this wasn’t fair.

I think it might be worth reminding @Omaric that this blog is also how you saw things back then, not necessarily how you view things now based on information you were given since that time.

It encompasses it all. It’s both a reflection and a telling. I just wanted to make sure my case isn’t the poster child for what’s bad with the system, as I raided each day as both cat and bear. Not sure everyone understood how OP Feral Druids were. That’s why they ultimately split the spec in two.

I’d say I did a fairly good job helping out with this one, bucko.

Don’t kid yourself, this is all opinion based, no facts have been presented on either side. However having around 8 years of mostly success minus one delusional rogue is a lot more sound than “my SWOTOR guild did great.”

What this is a discussion of:

• Strengths or weaknesses of DKP vs. Loot Council
  • Acknowledgements/Rebuttals of the flaws in the loot system of DoD at the time (WotLK)

What this is NOT a discussion of:

Some of the guild were kids when DoD started, but for the love of God…nobody has an excuse now. We’re adults. Act like it. Present facts.

Oh, “Helping, bucko”. I’m sorry, but you were looking for, and I quote

When you are back running your own guild, with more than 10 people you know personally

This is Shawn’s guild. So nice try. I, on the other hand, met your silly stipulation, so try and play it down if you’d like, but perhaps you should be more clear in your definitions.

Now let’s see. I’ve been in many different guilds, in many different games, and I’ve experienced:
-Loot council
-suicide DKP
-a basic DKP system
-zero sum dkp
-a dkp system where it’s fixed values, and yuo can get huge piles of it but every month there’s some weird calculation and it tries to adjust people to close int he gap

And more. You, on the other hand, haven’t even met your own demands of leading a guild with more than 10 people you know personally, and have been with one loot system for 8 years. So I highly value your opinion on other systems, as you clearly have experience with them.

I’m still also saying that transparency is more important that which system you use, but as a personal preference I like Loot Council. Your argument is loot councils are terrible because people like you exist. If you were in charge of your own guild, and you were transparent about how you allocated loot in a loot council, people could see how fucking useless you are and make the choice to leave. Based on how you’re replying to me here, disregarding what I’m saying, and trying for personal attacks after you clearly state

You’re welcome for the post edit and I’ll continue to do so when being insulted directly, sarcasm or not which had nothing to do with abuse of admin powers to stack a perceived weak argument.

it shows that you still have no argument. Do you know why I called you “the c-word”? When you edited your message to say that anyone who thinks like I do is “fucking retarded”, I assume you don’t mean that as an actually attack so I reply back, in a thread about Bul calling Lexxi a “the c-word”, calling you a “the c-word”. Humor lost on you, you try and mute me while leaving your hypocritical statement up.

Funny how Shawn, leader of Shawn’s guild, disagrees with your approach and corrects both your statement and your moderator abuse.

So, quit posting shit, as I’m tired of stooping myself down to your level, and add something of value.

Dalans, bear extraordinaire, has been with DoD for years. Cheeseus, dashing sexy lady’s man, is clearly full of himself, and a rogue. And also it’s his first week in raid.

Boss dies, and a tier chest token, applicable for druids and rogues drops. Only Dalans and Cheeseus need it. Dalans also has 3/4 pieces of gear, and the 4 pc bonus would be a huge boon the guild.

DKP: Dalans has unfortunately been spending his DKP regularly, and has only 49 DKP. As Cheeseus just started he had 50. Since Dalans can’t first round bid (50 min), they both bid and Cheese wins. Do you consider this fair? Does it help the raid as a whole?

LC: The loot council reviews the drop. Cheese is new, and Dalans has had a lot of drops in the recent past, but overall, this piece would help the raid team progress. The LC states: “Cheese, we appreciate you coming out and helping us. Despite the fact that Dalans has recently received quite a few upgrades, overall this piece will help the guild progress better. The next time a drop occurs where you are applicable, we will remember the fact we chose someone else over you”. Do you consider this fair? Does this help the raid as a whole?

Answer my questions: In these cases do you find both fair, and in both cases does it add all this value to the guild you’re clearly obsessed with?

If you want to say DKP is the only way, then have “unwritten rules” which are expected to be known, but aren’t written down, then you’re no better than that which you are arguing against. Unwritten rules like “you cannot use your dkp in the last few weeks” when it’s not in black and white is a human factor, which you are arguing against.

So stop arguing against yourself, present credentials, and pardon my french, pull your head out of your ass if you’re going to continue posting about this subject, because the only thing you have going for you is that people like you exist and they would be bad to have in the loot council.

Champ.

Edit: Added the period at the end of the sentence so it doesn’t look like I’m signing it as “champ”.

Whoever ends this discussion using Dane Cook rules is getting a permaban.

If you guys can’t comment without digging into each other, then don’t post. This thread is all kinds of sad. Apologize and hug.

Do you know how many times I offered hugs! At least 3!

Your both gay lords.

AH HA HA HA HA HA!

If i skip away fast enough I can dodge the ban right?

That depends on who catches you first: GLAAD, or the Grammar Nazis.

I resisted the urge to go nazi on his ass. Don’t want people to think I’m uptight, or anything.