Crack Song v2

Since we don’t have one of these over here yet, I’ll get the ball rolling.

Post your favorite songs. Whether you heard it recently and can’t stop listening or it has been an all time favorite, let’s hear 'em.

2 Likes

This is pretty much all my brother listens to; he has loads of albums from Finnish and Swedish pirate metal groups.

As for me, I have a taste for anything that sounds remotely like carnival/circus music - modern day AND oldies. This results in a large mix of genres mostly only related by either subject or rhythm (mostly steampunk). They could just be a single song or a whole album by a particular artist.

http://beatcircus.bandcamp.com/track/the-gem-saloon (can’t find on youtube)

BONUS anything by this guy:

1 Like

Thanks for kicking us off, @Dalans. Remember, folks: Crack Songs are particularly addictive songs, once you just can’t stop listening to over and over.

Here’s one that fits the theme for multiple reasons:

1 Like

Well done, @Bonechatters! Pogo is the shit:

1 Like

Crazy-ass circus-themed music, eh? Ok. Initially, I was going to post Panic! at the Disco’s “I Write Sins Not Tragedies”, but I feared @Dalans’ wrath, so I’ll leave that one to you to look-up. P!atD is heavily influenced by the whole creepy-ass circus thing; you get a lot of those undertones in many of their tracks.

Now, as for stuff more applicable to this group, might I suggest Chris Vrenna’s deeply disturbing soundtrack to American McGee’s Alice?

There is also the dark humor of Steven Page, now ex-Barenaked Lady. Here’s his circus-themed delightful song of a person dying in a horrific car crash.

I’d also recommend the entire soundtrack from Amelie, simply because it’s an awesome movie, and although isn’t exactly circus music, definitely strikes a similar chord in that genre. Plus we don’t get nearly enough accordion in our lives:

@Hanzo Everyone loves a little Urine! Someone hit the FF…

I’m not into the full on Circus theme but definitely the folk metal. @Bonechatters if you or your brother don’t already listen to them, I’d definitely recommend Korpiklaani.

Maybe something a little darker perhaps?

However when it comes to forced wind instruments it’s all about the bagpipes.

RIP Adam Yauch

Just can’t get this track outta my head.

1 Like

Wemmy! Good to see you, stranger. Thanks for joining in the festivities here.

Some new:

and some classic!

One of those beats

1 Like

I’m surprised this hasn’t been mentioned in the blog yet, @Hanzo

1 Like

I guess you haven’t read that closely, then, eh?

Try again: http://eightyearsinazeroth.blogspot.com/2013/01/2-23.html

Meanwhile, I’ll keep this topic on…well, topic. I’ll see your Alizee, @Ekasra, and raise you a Canadian Bjork:

This little nugget was buried in the Rocksmith 2014 tracklist:

s̨̛͓̼̦̰̰̤̠̼̹̜͉̺̠̟̩͙͗ͨ͐ͥ̑͂̋̔̈͡á̶̴̯͇͉̜̱̻̙̼̠̯̭͇̞̤̹̘̹͈̱̌͌̄̀̎ͧͮ͒̉̚͘͟͝m̨̟͈͎̯̻̭͖̜͙͋ͧ̔̄̉̔̓͒̇ͬ̓̅͂̊̋ͯ̈́͘͝h̓̄͊̓ͬ̊̈ͫ̎̌ͦͨ͂ͣ͘͞҉̨͔̭̱͔̳͓̖̲̭͍̗͡a̵ͭ͐ͭ̂̆̏̀̌͏̥͍̼̠̰̠̝͡i̋ͩ̈͊̂̊͌ͧ͟͏҉̙̱̠̭̖̀n̶̡̤͇̩̰̯͍̎̀̂ͫͯ͌ ̶̷̨̪̫͇̪̙̜̞̣͕͎ͩ̔̏̄ͪ͋̀͜ͅf̧̢̧̺͈̰͍̹͙̦̻̩̬̜̯͇̲̓ͥ̌͌̉̒ͪ͘o̴̅͒͆͡͏̢͈͍͎̫͈̘̦͙ȑ̸̶̗̹̦̝͇̻͉̻̮͓̜͔̺͓̼̳̖̙͌̋̒͡͡͡ͅȩ̗̳̬̘͕̞̬͕̺͔̗̻͔̺͖̜̜̫̬͂̿͒̄ͫ̚͟v̢̛͖̼̪̰̪͇͓̗̲̮͓̼͉̤̥̙̅̌ͯͦ͒͗̓ͥ̉ͫ̔̔ͬ͠ẹ̜̱̤͉͍̤̫͖̠̼̮̲̗̻̯͚͚̃̉̔̅ͥ͆ͧ̎́͝ͅŕ̡́͌͌͐͒̓̈́̌̋̐̊̄̃͌͑͑̀҉̙͙̘̲̳͓̗̭͚͓͔͚̰̹͓͇͖̤ͅ